Friday, March 11, 2011

"Our Superstar"

Hi again!  I did this layout last week, but couldn't get a good photo of it at all...finally gave up and decided to upload it anyway.  I was hoping to enter twisted sketches challenge (sketch 90) last week...but the photo issue kept me from doing it.  :(


The background was made with a little gesso, and I did some misting with silver sugar glimmer mist.
The twist on this sketch was frame (anyhow, anyway)...I loved this twist  thought it would be really cool to frame Paytons pic with "bricks".  I mixed some modeling paste with sand and smeared it over and around the edge of the photo.  Then I "layed my bricks" which were made out of inked up cardboard. I loved the look of this, except you really can't see Paytons face???  Normally I would just print a larger photo...but I couldn't really fix it because the other photo was laying under bricks and mortar!  So...what you see is what you get!

Just know that this is way cooler irl!  ( I did decide to enter it in for the paints and mists challenge being held by ashleyvanetten at scrapbook.com)



Here is a close up of the bottle caps I painted then cut out 1" circles on my cricut and used TH distress ink around the edges.  Then I used scrap metal letters and finished it off with some crackle accents.  The distress ink responds to moisture so when I put the crackle accents over the top the ink ran making the bottle caps look rusted.  I liked the effect....
 Below you can see the TH film strip.  You can actually tell what the tiny pics are irl...not so much in this photo....

I used crackle accents over paytons name plate and in random spots on my page as well...

3 comments:

Marisha said...

Awesome page!!! And your technique to make these bricks is just something ! I am totally amazed ! Nice to meet you :)))

ElinÅ said...

SO COOL!!

Nancy said...

LOVe the look of your bricks here...and I love the film-strips...especially the one with the small photos...that's brilliant!